Training sessions about ‘work and cancer’ are run on a bespoke basis depending on an organisation’s needs.
Some companies choose to arrange 60 minute or 90 minute ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions for their line managers and their HR teams; others prefer to run longer, half-day sessions, or to make them part of wider briefings on health and wellbeing, or employment law.
Typically sessions on work and cancer will cover:
- An overview of working with cancer
- Legal framework – Equality Act
- Talking to an employee and their colleagues about cancer
- Making reasonable adjustments
- Managing an employee’s return to work
- Dealing with bereavement
- Supporting a carer for someone with cancer
The sessions use video materials and interactive case studies developed in association with Macmillan Cancer Support
If you would like further information on the training we provide, please contact us.